In praise of Balenciaga's printed bags

in shop142536 Thu May 30, 2013 4:41 pm
by share • 2 Posts

Megs and I? Balenciaga fangirls. Even our new advertising and marketing director Hilary is finding in about the act a Balencaiga Giant City Bag was balenciaga giant bag the very first thing extra to her wardrobe just after she joined our staff some months ago. The brand is finest identified for its Motorbike Bags in a litany of colors, which are refreshed each season and balenciaga city in some cases fiercely sought by collectors for years afterward. Today, I'd like to speak about one thing Balenciaga does sometimes that's slightly less well know: prints.
Every single couple of seasons, Balenciaga will create a particular edition of its Motorcycle Bags bearing some balenciaga town kind of pattern. Florals, animal prints, stripes, standard toile they'veaccomplished a bit bit of every little thing over the years, spanning aesthetics from ladylike to super modern day. The Motorcycle Bag tends to make a terrific canvas for prints for two reasons the signature Balenciaga trim gives any edition a really serious dose of leather to counteract the pattern, plus the bag style is so recognizable on its very own that it doesn't eliminate the brand's character with the addition of print. Consider our past and current favorites after the jump.
My enjoy for Balenciaga's patterned bags goes the many way back to 2006, when I 1st saw Nicole Richie sporting the Balenciaga Damask Stripe Courier. If I could get my hands on a single of these bags now, I'd even now buy it.

Last edited Thu May 30, 2013 4:41 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Archibald Ernest
Board Statistics
The forum has 383 topics and 1319 posts.